What better way to jump-start your circadian rhythm than with a nice breakfast? This recipe is for Bill’s Breakfast Smoothie. By the way, I’m Bill! Nice to meet you!
I’ve been drinking a green smoothie most mornings for the past two years. Over time I have turned the once simple “Green Smoothie” recipe into my own concoction. Recently, my wife surprised me with a Vitamix 5200 and this transition has resulted in my NutriBullet becoming neglected for Smoothies. Nothing wrong with a NutriBullet though, I would highly recommend it for anyone looking to make smoothies, especially on a budget.
- 1 large handful of Kale (Organic preferably)
- 1 quarter Avocado
- 1-2 hardboiled Eggs
- 4-5 Whole Strawberries (Can be frozen or fresh)
- 1 cup Frozen Berries (I use Frozen Mixed Berries w/ Blueberry, Blackberry and Raspberry) slightly thawed
- .5 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 heaping Tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1 heaping Tbsp Golden Flax Seed Meal
- Small handful of Raw Almonds (8-10)
- Small handful of Walnuts (8-10)
- You may wish to add 1/2 scoop protein powder if you are trying to go higher protein
- Put all ingredients into blender or “nutrient extractor” mechanism. LOL.
- Add Water as needed.
- Nutribullet – I typically go past the Max line with the water as I mash the fruit and make a indentation for my add-ons.
- Vitamix – I just throw all ingredients in and add water to the 20oz line. I don’t like it to too thick!
- Blend, Extract, or Liquify the hell out of the ingredients.
Feel free to let me know how the recipe was below!