For those foregoing a lot of starch in their diet but missing some mashed potatoes, I have the recipe for you!
My wife and I make this and use it as a side dish or as part of the meal (such as lower-carb Sheppard’s pie). These are pretty easy to make (I make them after-all) and taste pretty great. My in-laws thought they tasted exactly like mashed potatoes. I think they do as well.
- 1 Medium/Large head Cauliflower
- 3/4 Cup Cream Cheese
- 3/4 Cup Shredded Cheese
- 3.5 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Prep Cauliflower (take off stem and break into chunks… florets)
- Bring pot of water to a boil and place in cauliflower florets
- Let boil for ~6 minutes or until fork tender (It is almost always 6 minutes for me)
- While cauliflower is boiling, add other ingredients to a large bowl (minus salt and pepper).
- Drain Cauliflower and pat dry (typically lay some paper towels on counter, place cauliflower and then pat dry with more paper towels)
- Place in bowl with the other ingredients and mix with hand mixer, hand emulsion blender
- If you have a Vitamix you can mix everything with variable speed 3-4.
- Mix until desired consistency and add salt and pepper to taste.
Feel free to leave us a comment and let us know what you thought of the recipe!